- Fire (Please call 911)
- Flooding or any active leak (big or small)
- Gas leak, or smell of gas
- No heat (When the outside temperature is below 50 degrees)
- No A/C (When the outside temperature is above 75 degrees)
- No electricity
- No hot water
- Carbon monoxide presence
- Total plumbing back up (all drains)
- Toilet stoppage, if there is only one bathroom
- Security issue (For example, broken windows, doors, or locks)
- “Chirping” of CO2/smoke detectors, indicating low battery
- Refrigerator not running
- Garbage Disposal/Dishwasher/Washer-Dryer issues, which can lead to bigger problems
- Please continue to report issues and maintenance will handle all life-safety items.
- Never leave your stove or oven unattended while lit
- Always check your oven before lighting to make sure no flammable items are inside
- Use your vent fan and your range hood fan every time you are cooking
- To clear the smoke from your apartment, make sure your kitchen and bathroom vent fans are on and open your window(s) immediately
To our knowledge, there have not been any reported cases of coronavirus at any of our residences. We encourage residents to continue to follow the guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. If you fall ill, please seek medical attention and consult your healthcare provider with any medical questions.
Let’s continue to do our part and work together to maintain the health and safety of our communities.
As always, thank you for calling a Kaiserman Community your home!