The Ashbridge House and surrounding farm buildings in Bryn Mawr were built in the late 1700s, and they operated as a working farm until 1940. That was the year that then-owner Emily Ashbridge gifted the land and its buildings to Lower Merion Township, specifically to transform them into a park. And so Ashbridge Memorial Park was born.
To this day, the Ashbridge House and its surrounding structures remain at the heart of Ashbridge Memorial Park, serving as a tangible reminder of what it used to be. The rest of the nearly 30 acres is dedicated to grassy lawns, shady trees, and a playground suitable for kids of all ages. There’s something for everyone to enjoy at Ashbridge Memorial Park, so be sure to stop by this summer!