If you burned the dish that was supposed to be the main course at dinner last night or if your desserts usually flop, you might need to brush up on your basic cooking skills. Follow these five tips so that you can be more successful in your kitchen at Radwyn Apartments:
- Follow the recipe. Deviating from the recipe in the slightest bit can ruin a dish. Read, and reread, each step.
- Understand the language. If the recipe says to boil water, for eample, make sure not to simmer it. If you are unsure of a term, look it up.
- Don't make changes. If the recipe calls for softened butter, make sure not to use melted butter, for instance. The softened butter will likely form the right consistency.
- Know how your oven works. Every oven is a bit different, so make sure to get to know yours. If your desserts seem to brown quickly, keep an eye on them while they are baking and decrease the cooking time a bit.
- Measure, don't guess. Adding a little bit of this and a little bit of that is a recipe for disaster. Make sure you have quality measuring spoons, cups, and bowls handy in the kitchen.